Lymphoma is a cancer of the lymph nodes with a very insidious symptoms. The incidence of lymphoma is increasing. There are several forms of this disease and fortunately have a good prognosis if detected at an early stage.
It is estimated that over a million people worldwide live with lymphoma , where about 400 people die every day from the disease.
Although there are several types of lymphoma, is now a global lymphomas are divided into two main groups. These are as follows: Hodgkin's and Non Hodgkin's lymphomas. Medicine has progressed enormously and today there are new methods for early detection and treatment of malignant diseases.
If it is detected at the time of lymphoma, and if the patient receives optimal therapy, disease may be completely cured.
In everyday life it is not that simple. The major problem is that with lymphomas have a characteristic, that is non-specific symptoms, and is detected at an advanced stage.
When suspected lymphoma?
Some of the symptoms that may speak in favor of lymphoma are:
- Night sweats,
- Loss of appetite,
- The loss in body weight,
- Itchy skin and rashes on the body.
One of the most characteristic symptom is a painless enlargement of the lymph glands in the neck, groin, armpits, or in any other part of the body.
The cause of lymphoma and the risk factors are still not definitively clarified.
What would you should know about your lymph glands:
- The lymph nodes (lymph nodes) are small bean shaped organs and filter lymph fluid, and lymphocytes, removing bacteria, viruses, and other potentially dangerous substances and foreign.
- In our body the average is about 600 lymph nodes and master are distributed in places where bacteria usually attack and invade the body.
- Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell that helps the body fight infection.
- Some lymph nodes under normal circumstances can be felt as well as those in the neck and groin.
-Lymph nodes are arranged symmetrically in our body.
-The lymphatic system is like a tree with many branches, through which lymph flows.
- The lymphatic system is a network of lymph vessels, lymph nodes and organs. The lymphatic system is an integral part of the immune system of the body and plays a major role in defending the body against infections and tumors.
If you have any of the above symptoms and if they feel a enlarged lymph nodes, which are painless, hard and immovable, always contact your doctor.
What is most important at a time when they feel a knot to preserve a cool head and reason, not every enlarged gland lymphoma, leukemia and cancer.
Enlargement of the lymph glands respond to a variety of inflammatory factors.
The lymph nodes in the neck may be increased due to a viral disease, a tooth cavity, but also can be increased in the wicked lymphoma.
Periodically review your neck, groin and armpits, but not touching myself every now and create an alert to every little thing. If in your family there are cases such as malignant diseases of the blood and lymph, are recommended more frequently control.
Do you think today's your health.