Sun allergy is a reaction to the sun's rays a spectrum at a particular time of year, but in a certain time of day. It is important to know that such a reaction, called allergic to the sun, apart from other states, and changes that occur after the tanning of the skin.
Some autoimmune diseases like lupus erythematosus, dermatomyositis are diseases which provokes the formation of sun exposure. Expressed the disease but sun exposure exacerbates, Dnevni Avaz writes. So people with this diagnosis should be well kept the sun. Staying in the sun for 20 minutes, even in continental terms, a very harmful effect on the disease.
Cosmetic creams, especially those with intense fragrance, perfume and cologne, aftershave means that men inflict, soap and shampoo residues that are not well sprani the skin after sun exposure causes changes that are manifested by redness, itching and the appearance of pimples or blisters on the skin .
An allergic reaction occurs in people taking medications, especially for regulating heart rate and blood pressure, sedatives and antibiotics, especially tetracycline.
In a true allergy to the sun, therefore, none of these factors are not present.
Mechanism of allergy to the sun is still not known, but it knows exactly what they look like skin lesions that are characterized as sun allergies.
On sun-exposed parts of the body first contact redness and itching. Then after 24 hours of the appearance of small solid red papule size of a grain of rice that in the coming days to increase the size of a pea. The following changes in the expansion process, each merge, creating blisters claim is a strong subjective sensation of itching.
If you have time stop by sun exposure, the changes will not quickly disappear. It will take at least another ten days, and itching of the skin will remain. All changes from the skin without leaving scars. These changes never occur on skin areas that were not exposed to sunlight.
How to relieve and treat an allergy to the sun?
First of all, requires detailed laboratory tests that ruled out the existence of any disease which may be the first sign of sun allergies. Then, the person should be sure that it really did not take any medication during the period when it appeared allergic to the sun.
Also make sure that no skin creams are not inflicted on any that may have under the action of the sun that evoked an allergic skin reaction. When all these factors are excluded, then we say rightly that the changes in the skin allergy to the sun. In such cases we have the following preventive measures:
- Seven to ten days before sun exposure take each day one of the antihistamines, which will recommend a doctor. With antihistamine, one tablet a day, and take beta carotene.
- The diet include foods that are rich in beta carotene such as carrots, apricots, cantaloupe, orange. Beta carotene after absorption in the digestive system disposed in the skin and protects it from the action of sunlight.
- Be sure to use protective equipment against UVA and UVB rays. Not enough resources are filtered sunlight, but means that block sunlight penetration into the skin. These are called. blocking the sun's rays that bounce, reflect light rays from the skin surface and are marked with the initials SB. Apply a thick layer of the skin on the parts that are most exposed to the sun.
- Expose to the sun gradually. Initially only stay in the shade, then expose to the sun early in the morning and evening.
- During the day protect the skin densely woven clothing that does not miss the sun's rays.
When it has appeared sun allergy, you need to take the following measures:
- To calm the skin changes apply cold compresses to plain water.
- For fast fading changes using corticosteroid preparations. Corticosteroid ointment always works faster and more efficiently than creams.