"Psychoactive substance is any substance that is ingested may modify one or more functions." This definition of psychoactive substance was given by the World Health Organization. These are substances or mixtures of substances that act on the central nervous system (brain) and cause changes in perception and behavior. Denial of the substance which modifies the function, appears different groups of symptoms that are defined as "withdrawal symptoms crisis" or a withdrawal syndrome. "
Unlike other substances in tobacco in public (population) looks different
Smoking is not only a causal risk factor of lung and heart disease, but is itself a disease. Tobacco dependence is recognized as a disease in the WHO International Classification of Diseases (ICD-10) and the American psychiatric association diagnostic and statistical (DSM-IV). Most smokers are addicted to a certain extent of tobacco, although the strength of dependence can vary greatly. "Addict" means smokers when they need a cigarette, whatever the situation, and when their behavior is conditioned by the content of cigarettes and can not resist smoking, even when they know that it can cause damage. It is impossible for smokers to quit smoking, without difficulty, even though they want to do it and know that it is vital to protect their health and the health of loved ones around. This occurs because there is tobacco dependence, nicotine is a substance contained in tobacco that prouzokuje dependence. Dependence (which can also be caused by nicotine in animals under experimental conditions) occurs due to the effects of nicotine on nicotine receptors in the central nervous system. Effects of nicotine on the central nervous system appear or act in the same mechanism as drugs such as heroin or cocaine which cause the modification of certain bodily functions. It can speed up mental processes, causing real anxiety, improve physical functioning and the creation of pleasant feelings. All of these symptoms in smokers cause to search on nicotine again and again, more and more often.
Tobacco smoking is the most effective way to make nicotine available to the human brain
Nicotine from the smoke is just a couple of seconds to reach the brain.
Symptoms of nicotine addiction are becoming more common as the number of cigarettes smoked during the day increases. Administration of nicotine leads to tolerance of most but not all its effects. These effects include the "top control" so-called nicotinic receptors acetilholinergične. Thus, the number of nicotinic receptors increases after exposure to drug increased. These effects "capture" of smokers.
Addiction to nicotine and syndrome (symptoms) that occurs when nicotine is missing (abstinence syndrome crisis) are barriers to quitting smoking. When smokers stop smoking they lose their "positive" effects of nicotine that are felt, and now have a "painful" effects of its deficiency. This is the reason why smoking can not be considered as a voluntary decisions of consumers and why the tobacco market can not be considered free. Down the aggressive marketing of tobacco, tobacco use has expanded in all Western countries and is spreading rapidly around the world.
Cigarettes do not have the characteristics, emotions, or belonging to social class. They are a stick of tobacco, paper, glue and toxic chemicals. In them there is nothing which is useful for the human body.Cigarettes are the only readily available product designed to produce dependence, and that eventually kills half its regular users.
Although only one substance from tobacco "tied" for cigarette smokers almost from the start of smoking, and it is this "dangerous" nicotine, there are criteria as the nature of habituation to tobacco smoke.
The criteria for dependence:
Highly controlled or impulsively taking
Drugs - fueled behavior
Taking despite the adverse effects
Relapse after abstinence
Pleasurable / euphoric effects
Smokers are classified as "addicted" when:
• need for a cigarette, whatever the situation
• behavior is conditioned by nicotine
• I can not resist smoking, even when they know what causes the damage
Effects caused by the nicotine that smokers seek again:
• modification of some functions in the body
• acceleration of some mental processes
• potiskovanje anxiety (worry)
• improve the physical abilities to perform the job
• generation (stimulation) pleasant feelings
The following facts indicate that smoking tobacco is a chronic disease and should be dealt with serious organized approach:
• Tobacco smoking is the major cause of mortality and preventabilini disease as a result of respiratory disease worldwide.
• Smoking tobacco requires constant care with expert advice, support and medical treatment.
• Most smokers are addicted to tobacco to some extent, although the strength of dependence can vary.
• Nicotine addiction can make it very difficult for smokers give up tobacco.
• Symptoms of nicotine addiction are becoming more frequent with the increasing number of cigarettes that are smoked in a day.
What makes the process of withdrawal and reduces withdrawal crisis, caused by the denial of nicotine from tobacco, the nicotine substitution means (Nicotine replacement therapy-NRT). For now these are the only one with nicotine, officially approved funds for this purpose.
• The nicotine in the form of patches, gum, lozenge, nasal spray, inhaler and mikrotableta.
• This treatment is intended to replace the nicotine in cigarettes and reduce apstinencijale crises that accompany the process of quitting smoking. It helps smokers to resist the craving to smoke.
• Some of BAT in the world are available in free, while others are only available on prescription.
• In our NRT are available in free sale in the form of patches of 15mg, 10mg, 5mg in the form of chewing gum 2mg and 4mg.
Smokers are almost impossible to quit smoking, without difficulty, even when they want to do, given the threat and protect the health of their loved ones around.